Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am an Instructor

Exciting Day here in Colorado with the tornados and wild weather. We live along the front range and tornados DO NOT happen here as the mountains protect us. BUT today we had a fluke in our weather system. The weather normally travels west to east but today the weather turned and pushed from the south up along the mountains. A tornado hit in the town to the east of us.

Softball practice for my daughter was canceled due to the tornados today. I got home from work and today I been a bit sore. I am planning on running a couple miles tomorrow but now with no softball practice I am thinking hmmm maybe I should run tonight to use up some of the night. I was looking and planning and my daughter said “Dad can you go play catch with me?” I said you want to go do some hitting. She said YES! Once again I am happy she loves the sport.

So she and I load the buggy with the bag of balls and her softball bag and go to the local school and field. I am soft tossing her balls and she is cranking on them. Some friends pull up and ask if their daughter can join us. I say sure bring her over. So now I have a couple girls and we are doing hitting and then some infield practice. My daughter says “Dad do you need to go so you make it to spinning class?” She knew I was thinking about going to that tonight. I said “No I would rather play ball with you and your friend.” My daughter smiled and she knew I was there for her. That makes a dad feel good.

We practice for a bit and it starts to rain again. We rush home getting soaked in the buggy. I am home early enough to go to spinning class and my son decides to join me. I ask the wife if she wants to go to which she replies no, the normal answer from her. So my son and I go.

We get there and again due to the tornados the instructor didn’t make it in. A couple of people leave and I tell one of the personal trainers there I will instruct the class. I have only been to classes for 6 weeks but I can lead. He said awesome. My son ran out and got a CD out of my truck that had a mix of songs on it. I have now instructed my FIRST Spinning class now. I did some sprints, a few hills, some jumps and just went where the music moved me. I taught a total of 5 people of which one was a personal trainer. After the class he said I did great and the other people all said I should become an instructor as they said they felt a great workout. I think Angel would be proud of me!

This is the first time my son has done a spinning class. We got home and he said wow my legs were burning and I was sweating. I said good I must have done it right. I then asked him so who is your favorite spinning instructor to which he looked at me and said “you are and your dumb.” It is then the wife looked at me and said “WHAT? Are you serious you taught the class and over did it now didn’t you?” I just grinned at her and my son was shaking his head. My son then later said do you like getting her all upset like that. I again grinned.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cubed said...

You do have the gift of gab, you should do it:)

7:02 AM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

hahaha nice. Yeah we too had a tornado her in souther california. However in my post I said we have once in a blue moon rather than never, because really tornados can happen anywhere. It is just VERY HIGHLY unlikely West of the rockies.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, you are crazy. I thought you were supposed to take it easy! But you should get certified. We need more male spinning instructors to balance things out. :)

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote you teach a parenting class!

Bunny

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home