Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Doctor 2

I have been to see Doctor 2. He checked out everything again and said everything was looking good. I asked him about running the Bolder Boulder and he thought about it a bit and then said it should be fine. He recommended a short run before then to see how things felt and to ice down afterwards yet. He recommended I be careful also to not go out running to fast since I have not for a while I might have a tendency to go to fast. I said yeah right not this guy.

I was in the office attending a leadership class today. We were on a 10 minute break and it was over. I suddenly remembered something I was supposed to do and took off at a jog through the office. The whole time I was jogging I NEVER felt any stomach pain. That is awesome and I am excited.

I want to go out for a small run now and see how things feel BUT I am not. I am going to make myself wait through the weekend at least. No promises but I am aiming for maybe Wednesday trying a bit of spinning with little resistance and then maybe Thursday a 2 miler and see how things go.

So everyone I am trying my best to hold off and continue to keep healing first. But with the last couple small trots with no pain I have to say I am starting to get a bit of excitement. Enough so that I have now pulled out my brand new Asics shoes I had up on the shelf from my birthday a couple months ago. I even laced them up and put them on tonight giving them a bit of a walk around the house in preparation for wearing them VERY SOON.

Last night I picked up my Bolder Boulder race packet. My number and racing chip is now sitting on the bench in the garage with my new shoes all ready for me. Does this mean I am thinking of coming out of retirement?

1 Comments:

Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Let's see if you make it through the weekend without running.:)

Take it easy!!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home