Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

No Sleep Weekend

What a weekend. Friday night was fairly uneventful. I enjoyed wine night with some friends. Then got home to my daughter off with a friend. So the Wife, Son and I went to dinner. While at dinner a subject of sexual nature came up. I made a small comment that my son picked up and commented back. The wife was asking what was going on but we both just shut up. Later in the evening when the wife was not around I asked my son his thoughts. She shared them and I said yep it was true and then we laughed. In a way it is fun to know we can have guy talk as he is growing up.

The rest of the weekend I need to put into times as it all runs together as you will see.

7am Saturday I drove to my parents house where I loaded my truck with plywood material to haul to Cheyenne
9am drove to Cheyenne to my sister’s house. I worked all day framing on an addition on her house. 4pm drove back home
5:05pm showered in 5 minutes and went to see and get pictures of my son and his Prom date.
6:30 Wife and I had drinks with my son’s date’s parents.
8pm met other friends for dinner.
9:15pm get home to change cloths again.
10pm drive to High School to participate for After Prom Party
11pm taught high school kids how to play craps all night
3am Sunday started finding leftover food at the party.
3:30am got to bed
7am woke up and crawled out of bed
7:30 drove downtown to volunteer at a friend’s aide station and to cheer on friends running a race.
10am left and drove back to Cheyenne to frame more. We completed the whole second story of the addition.
3pm working on prepping for the rafters on the second story and a board I was standing on that was nailed to some studds kicked out from my feet. Good thing I was holding on as I could have fallen mayby 15 feet hitting walls etc on the way to concrete. I was hollering for help, people were scurrying but I hands were going to giveout before they could help. Then calmness sunk in and I straddled a stud in the wall and slid down to the lower wall like a fireman saving myself. That gets your heart pumping by the way.
6:45pm Drove back home
8:30pm took a shower
10 wrote this and posted.
10:15 Went to bed to try and get enough sleep to go to spinning class tomorrow morning.

I need more than 4 hours sleep and do that kind of work. AND not anytime to get in any abs work outs. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have a lot of energy for getting only naps for sleep!

8:06 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I thought the saying was "no rest for the wicked"?

Are you wicked and we just don't know it? ;)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Cubed said...

I thought Angel was going to say "You have a lot of energy for an old guy". Which I would have to agree with that.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home