Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Buggy Thoughts

Bunny you saw U2 at red Rocks? That was in 1983. Wow just typing that date seems old. I was a junior in High School so here is my thought I know I am older then you so unless they came another time you must have went with your parents? OR were you conceived at that concert? Lol. I need more details please. I was also glad to hear you are just on a blogging break. Everyone needs a break now and then. Well EXCEPT for me. :)

I get to go get my final crown put on my tooth that I broke at my birthday dinner a month ago. YAY one medical item finished with only the bill to pay. :(

Last night I was riding in the back of my buggy over to my sisters. My son is learning to drive the stick shift, wife was in passenger seat. It was the first time I have ridden in the back of this car and with him yanking the gas and clutch was an interesting ride. We were at a stop light and I heard my name called. I looked back to see a guy I know and have run with many times. He asked if I had been running to which I replied nope not in over a month. He said he had not run now in over 2 months himself. He was recovering from a stress fracture on the top of his foot. He would have to start running now in 10 minute increments. This gave me two points of insight.

1) Negative side - DAMN, see how fast we lose the ability to run and now I know I am down to like barely getting through 2 miles. I get a bit upset and don’t want to go through the PAIN to build up to running distances again. It took months to build up the last time.
2) Positive side - If this surgery for hernia and time off to fix my other issues (heel pain, and inflammation) then I have some motivation and someone to start building backup with as he will be in that process as well. He is an awesome guy to run with as he is very helpful and supportive.

So there I gave both sides this time.

I been doing a bit of reading on the Hernia thing and found some interesting information. For one as I read more of the feelings I was like YES that did hurt or I have felt that. Such as the feeling of hunger pains, pains in my right groin area or pains when I coughed. So I am a bit more comfortable that we are on the right track.

4 Comments:

Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Buggy, I won't give out Bunny's age but I will tell you I graduated in 1982, making me slightly older than you. ;)

Glad you're finding a positive to your negative. Look for two more positives ;)

7:59 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

i wont give out her age either. But i will tell you i have no idea what it is so that makes you slightly older than me. I hope you dont have any trouble following my logic.

P.s. i wish i had one of those back scratchers...i have an itch.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are still spinning so you're maintaining at least some of your endurance with that work. You might be able to get into the swing of running faster than you did last time. Worked for someone I know anyway.

Glad you have a real answer about the pain now.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Cubed said...

lets see last time you where about 50 pounds heavier and couldn't walk up the stairs without getting winded. I know it won't be anywhere as close to as difficult.

Besides its more about making a life long change then it is about having immediate results. Through that there will be times you can run more and there will be times you run less.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home