Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Northern Conference Winners



Today was a busy day and it ended on a high note. I got off from work and was out on an errand when Joe, a friend called, me out of the blue. He asked me if I wanted to go the Eagles game. The Eagles is a local hockey team. It was a 3-3 series and was game 7 in the play offs for the Northern Conference. Game was in just over an hour.

I said give me 15 minutes and I would let him know. My wife was out of down at a lacrosse game for our son. I had my daughter to get to some church things for the night. So I called my sister and asked her if she could pick up my daughter, she said yes. I then tried to call my wife 3 times with no answer. So I texted her a simple message “I won’t be home tonight.” It wasn’t but 2 minutes after the text went out my phone was ringing. She asked why and I said I was invited to the hockey game. I took care of the daughter and would be home late. She never asked who I was even going with, though I did tell her.

I told Joe about my wife not answering and the conversation above. Then I told him drop me off here my girl friend should be along shortly. He laughed and told the following joke which I had heard before but is funny.

Friendship among women: A woman doesn't come home at night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a friend's house. The man calls his wife's ten best friends. None of them know about it.

Friendship among men: A man doesn't come home at night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's house. The woman calls her husband's ten best friends. Eight of them say he slept over. Two claim he's still there.

It turned out to be a really great night out with a guy friend. Had some beer, watched some hockey and our home team, the Eagles, won in the end 3-2 becoming the Northern Conference winners. They will be going for the cup now. AND I got in home in time to catch the last half of the Nuggets vs. Lakers game.

4 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

is it monday yet?

12:20 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Buggy, not sure if you made it over to Gators blog yet to tell us what concert you would travel back in time to see.

If you haven't yet, Bunny & I are curious as to what concert others would go back in time to see.

As far as friendship among women, I don't fit that category of claiming my friend wasn't there. I would claim she most certainly did spend the night and was still sleeping of the Margaritas we drank. Then I would be frantically calling and texting to let her know that she was at my house sleeping of the Margaritas. :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Renee we need to hang out. ;)

9:04 AM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

Actually Ney and I would be dragging each other home so we didn't do anything stupid to begin with. Many a times we've held each other up.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home