Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sister back in Surgery

If you all remember my sister was in the hospital for over a month at the beginning of this year. She had surgery to rebuild her pelvic floor the day after Christmas. It was a rough time getting her through that. Well today she had surgery for a hole in her bladder, something to do with fixing her colon next to the bladder and a huge hernia from the last surgery and her stomach.

I went down to see her after work tonight and she was really drugged up and I could tell struggling again. I went into her room and she was out asleep caused by the drugs. I sat for a while just watching her and she finally looked at me recognized me and then raised and dropped her hand near me. I put out my hand and held her hand for a while. She lay there holding my hand mostly out and I just watched her for a while. She finally woke in pain and they gave her some more drugs and she was out again. She is not expected to get out till Friday.

As I was watching her I started thinking about my own surgery on Thursday. I should be in for my surgery and be home in a few hours. I have begun to start thinking about it more though and seeing my sister with her complications started making me think more. I am not too worried about my surgery but there are still some thoughts in my mind.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

You will be ok. We will all be praying for you. We will also miss you at wine time on Friday. Bosley doesn't embarass himself like you do.

12:55 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

OMG THURSDAY...THATS TOMORROW. HOLY SHIT I HAVENT MENTALLY PREPARED NOR BEEN PRAYING YET.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Cubed said...

Any time you go in for surgery you should think about it. Some of course are worse then others. Get back to normal so you can be there for your sister.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home