Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Surgeon Cleared

According to my meeting with surgeon here is what I was told. I had an indirect hernia of the inguinal canal. The second hernia was in the femoral canal. There is such a thing as a direct hernia of the inguinal canal also. The patch of mesh he put in me covers all these areas. On my right side I cannot have a hernia again. The mesh is about 9cm by 14 cm in size.

He checked me out and didn’t feel any more hernia. He said he clipped the patch in place to hold it for the 1st couple days so it doesn’t move. Now a week later if he went in he would have to remove tissue and all to get it out. My tissues are already embracing the mesh and it will incorporate into just being a part of my body. He told me that in 5-6 weeks I will probably be walking along and feel like something in me broke. Don’t worry about it as that is the tissues that are healing now are tight and will release all at once in that area. It is just the scar tissues and such relieving being tight and all is fine.

We then discussed that for the next 3 months it is not unlikely I will still feel occasional shots of pain. He said that other then the above I am free as far as he is concerned to start resuming my workouts as I feel okay. I asked about the Bolder Boulder and he said if I feel okay to run it then it is fine and won’t cause any issues with what he has done. I still have to get the okay from Doctor 2 though which is tomorrow afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Thanks for keeping us posted.

I still think you need to slow it down a tad. ;)

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home