Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Friday, May 09, 2008

I am ALIVE

I knew I would be but thought it was a good title.

I slept well the night before the surgery. That is good and gave me a good starting point. I showered and as I said in my previous post I was a bit nervous. Some of the thoughts in my head were what happens if there is a problem? Did I tell everyone around me something that I thought was special about them? Did I really want to go through with the second procedure of being fixed and not having the ability to have kids from this point on? Though I had the questions I knew all was going to be fine and away we went with my wife driving me to the hospital.

Once there I checked in and they had me put on the funky backward facing dress. I had to write a YES on my side was the surgery was going to be. I thought that was funny because I didn’t really have a clue except for what the doctors had told me. I thought doesn’t the doctors know what they are suppose to be doing on me? Were they going to forget and go off my YES? In any case there I now sat with my wife, my mom, and my dad all of them watching me being prepped with the IV and doing paper work. I said my goodbyes to them and the nurse rolled me away.

They rolled me into the surgery room where the two doctors were standing there like a receiving line waiting for me. The nurse said okay move over to that bed, I lifted myself up slid into the other bed and the next thing I remember is some nurse asking me how I felt to which I said I HURT. I do not even remember lying down on the surgery table and wonder did I fall over backwards?

They let me wake up for a bit and I was holding my stomach thinking how bad this hurt when another nurse stepped in with my cloths and she started putting my underwear and pants on. As soon as she had me dressed I was sat in a recliner and moved to another room where at this point my wife and mom came into see me. My wife said I looked like I was about to cry and was green in color. They then shuttled me out to the car and hauled me home. It is weird having all this done to you while you really don’t know what is happening. Talk about trust issues that for that 4 hours I had really no clue who or what was around me and that each and every person that was, had, for the most part my best interest in mind. Just think how easy it would be to shove me aside and I would not have ever know any thing again.

I laid at home all day yesterday on pain meds hurting. I am laying around for the most part now for the next few days while my stomach and all heals. I have now learned after the surgery that there was the original hernia they were going in to fix and there was a second hidden hernia under my pelvic bone.

The doctor even took pictures of my hernia, the inguinal canal; the pelvic bone is in the picture, and the mesh patch they put in me to fix this. The pictures are quite amazing. Also there is this piece of fatty stuff in one of the pictures that apparently the doctor took out of me. With this picture I can now prove

6 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's good you have this surgery done with. Now you can start feeling more like yourself again. We want show and tell with your pictures!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Cubed said...

Looks like Cheryl hasn't learned the code names for everyone, who is Cheryl anyway:)

I'm glad your feeling better, I would like to see the pictures.

7:47 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

lol I read cheryls comment but I forgot it already.

1:55 AM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

no fair.

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have pain killers. That alone makes it all worth while ; )
-Bunny

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home