Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Too MUCH Time on my HANDS

I hate having this kind of down time while healing. I have too much time to think about life. At least the days before I was hurting and wasn’t thinking, today was a bit different.

I thought I would share some of my thoughts I have had lately. Have you ever watched people around you and wondered how they got there and why they are there. Today the kids, wife and I decide to go t the park for a mother’s day picnic. We ate there and then walked over to the play ground area. OKAY this was not a very bright idea as I ended up hurting and needing to come home a bit sooner then I wanted but I did observe some things.

I watched other families there and wondered some more. How did the people meet? Are they happy? Why do they live here? Why are they at the park? What about other people doing the same thing in another city in America? How about Europe or the Middle East? I think that the majority of people in my little park and around the world all want the same thing I do. To be happy and to live life with people they love around them. We all, humanity, strive in the end to find those people that get us, loves us, and to be surrounded by those people in a safe and secure environment to live happily.

I watched the movie Good Luck Chuck which also played on these thoughts. Chuck in the movie was supposedly cursed to never find love. Women that were with him would then fall in love with the next man they dated and find their true love. Chuck was also looking for that love of his life while each person used him to find theirs.

To add to this I been thinking about the Vasectomy I got. Did I do the right thing? I think I did as I think about raising a kid for the next 20 years again and the responsibility of that. I don’t want to start over but there is a small piece of me thinks that a part of me is gone. It is hard to explain other then something that makes me, me is now gone and the ability to create me again is gone. Does that make sense? Probably not but since it is my blog I get to write what I think anyway.

I am the kind of person that normally has a ton of things going all the time. It keeps my mind occupied and busy with the tasks at hand and thus not a lot of time to think about life. If I think about life instead of the tasks at hand what will be the outcome? Would I make different decisions? Some might argue this is bad and others might argue this is good. I would like to know your thoughts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cubed said...

You totally made the right choice about the vasectomy. Your 42, lets say tomorrow you you would be 61 by the time that kid was 18. You don't want to be 61 and just having a kid go to college.

Its kind of funny but your post fits in well with my most recent one. I think its a good question. You should go through The 7 habits of a highly effective family, its pretty good.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you do the right thing? Well, you don't want to start over and that is enough of an answer in my opinion. :)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Cubed said...

I just re read my comment I should have said "lets say your wife get pregnant tomorrow...". Sometimes my brain works faster then I type, most of the time not.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home