Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Softball Cheerleader

Finally, my daughter’s softball team won a game after a dry streak of losing. They build some confidence today back that they can win if they play the game. I as a parent do not mind losing at all as long as they are giving to the game and PLAYING not just floating along. They played better today.

I thought I was going to get into trouble though. Our team has had some coaching and parent issues going on. There was a huge meeting a short while ago telling us parents that we were NOT to coach our kids from the stands. Some of the parents have been doing that along with me some. But for the most part I have been quiet about it and trying to keep my daughter in the sport. As I told the parents had we kept my daughter on the team she was on she would not be playing next year and burned out. NOW she is like last night begging to go hit more balls and sad when it is not time to play. I think I am winning keeping her in the sport first.

Well today I must have been feeling better. And yes I am a whole lot less pain then yesterday etc. The coaches this morning asked if I wanted to play, meaning help with warm ups. I said yes please just tell me what you want me to do. So I did some soft toss and then I asked if I could do a little infield work with the girls before the game started. The coach said yes you can. So I did a bit. Then I was seeing how the umpire was calling signs and was giving the coaches and kids some advice on how to play the ump. Meaning she was calling outside pitches as strikes. So step up closer to the plate so the girls could see the pitch better and what do you know they started hitting.

My wife kept calling me back to my seat saying “you can’t be doing that remember the meeting?” I replied yep I do, but I can’t keep watching the same thing happen over and over with no corrections to help the girls learn. I at this point do not think anything bad came of it and we were playing better.

I was even moving around though the parents more and was chatting and keeping them cheering. One of the parents that were in trouble from sideline coaching made a comment to me to be careful I will piss off the coach and get in trouble like them. I replied yeah I know but see I let you do it in the beginning and now that you’re in trouble I am taking over. I learned from your mistakes AND by the time the coaches get bad at me now the season will be over. Thus I end when it is done anyway and smiled.

One of the grandmas there looked up at me and said I am doubtful of that happening. I smiled and the other parent asked her why is that? The grandma said because he, meaning me, has a good line and with the women coaches he will be fine helping them from the side. Then she proceeded to say you got me smiling when you I saw you in the parking lot the day before and you, Buggy said, “What is a hot looking woman like you doing standing alone in the parking lot?” I think this 86 year old grandma sees through me. I told that parent I am not sideline coaching I am cheerleading with the right words to tell the girls where to move. Such as I would yell “Great play and try Checkers, my daughter’s nickname, next time move a little closer to the base and you will have that tag perfect.”

I am not running today though I am excited. I jogged out of the ball park to the car to get some stuff today and I could feel the incisions in my stomach. I could feel some tightness and something weird in my lower stomach where the mesh is, BUT the good thing is that a month ago when I jogged through that same park I didn’t make it half the distance to the parking lot and I was in pain. I am hopeful I am on the way. Woohoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home