Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Bolder Boulder 2008

Sunday I had a very relaxing day. Some church in the morning followed by a Grad party for the major parts of the day. Sunday night I was a bit excited and a bit nervous to run on Monday morning but I got through the night and even woke a bit early this morning.

I got up and left at 5:30 am to head to Boulder. I wanted to be there early and not rushed so as to enjoy the run. Angel and I were in the same wave so I met her and we talked a bit before the race as she was early also. The start buzzer went off and we started on our run. Angel throughout the race kept asking me how I was doing. I always answered I was feeling great.

At mile 3 I was feeling really good and wanted to take off a bit faster. There was a goal though and that was to get my Colder Boulder 58 minute invite so I kept myself held back and on pace. Below is my splits and time. I ran the whole thing with NO pain at all. Well a bit of tightness in my stomach where I am healing but the original pain I was fighting, The hernia, is GONE. YAY. The next couple weeks as I continue to monitor and heal I know all is going to be good. I am excited to begin picking it up again.

mile 1: 0:08:48.45
mile 2: 0:09:23.85
mile 3: 0:09:50.15
mile 4: 0:09:28.87
mile 5: 0:09:21.84
mile 6: 0:09:09.59
net time:0:57:47.91
pace: 9:19 (based on net time)

Colder Boulder I am coming to win that Crocheted Snowman!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

good job buggy.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're on the mend! You had a great run and could have run circles around me. And you even stopped for a piece of bacon in the last mile or so. See ya on the roads.

10:01 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

GOOD JOB!!!

"Crocheted Snowman!!!"??? I assume this is an upcoming run?

Glad all is healing nicely for you. ;)

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB YES, BUT... I can't believe your wife hasn't slapped you silly yet. Take it easy!

Bunny

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home