Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day weekend

I had a great weekend. I am back at my desk and in a way wanting to be outside again and in a way loving the feel of my chair just like Dumber. The reasons you will soon find out.

On Saturday I ran with my club for a short 7.5 mile course. Was wanting less but that is what we ended up at. Came home and did home work around the house and then headed over to a friends house for a BBQ. The BBQ started at 3pm and I finally ended up back home at midnight. Another friend from the neighborhood brought over his guitar and he played for hours. It was amazing that he was able to play almost anything we tossed out and we could all be heard singing at one point the theme to Gilligan’s Island. Yes, we had lots of drinks at this party. It ended when I lost my $20 at the poker table.

Sunday we had to be up early to go and clean my grandmother’s garage out. It has not been cleaned in 20 years and the mouse turds were overwhelming, and this is coming from me the watcher of the turd cam guy. Lol. After we took everything out, cleaned and put stuff back we had a family BBQ there. I then came home and the kids, wife and I went to our pool that we belong to and broke it in for a couple hours. I was going to get in but it was cloudy and cool and ended up just watching the kids play. I will get in this week sometime. We ended the day with an Italian dinner to ready myself for my race on Monday.

On Monday again we were off early, had to leave the house at 6am to make it to the race. As it was I barely made it to the race in time, like only with 5 minutes to spare and that was with a run to get there. I ended up running the Bolder and pulled out my best time ever. I shaved off 18 minutes from my best time. Last year I ran the 6.2 miles in 1:06:13, this year in 0:48:36. I was very pleased with that time. That equates to around a 7:50 minute pace per mile. Not bad for a fat nerd.

Today at work we had a BBQ. Flank steak, chicken, brats, salads and Momos (a Neapolitan food) that reminded me of another persons cooking at the company before Addroc. It was really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home