Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Softball Weekend

Saturday my daughter played 4 games of softball. We tied the first game followed by a 2 run win in the second game. Had a small cook out and grilled some hamburgers and wieners before another set of back to back games. The 3 game we lost and the 4th game we won and played really well.

I share my duties as 1st base coach with another guy whose daughter is on the team. At the beginning of the day I made sure of a rule on how I could have the girls steal second and planned on a very aggressive day with stealing second. The head coach asked me to tell the girls what I was planning and how they should be listening to me. I told them and the other 1st base coach seemed to get a little offended. I tried to include him but he is just not as aggressive as I am and holds the girls more then I do. That kind of set a tone for the day.

My daughter was put by the head coach to play 2nd base. The other 1st base coach’s daughter played that spot all last year but was moved to an outfield position. When his daughter missed a pop fly the head coach told her what she did wrong and the dad yelled that is not her position. Oops wrong thing to yell. The next game his daughter was in the line up for hitting only. The whole family got upset and he left and didn’t do any 1st base stuff so I did every inning from that point out. My daughter played pretty much every inning at 2nd also and another dad even said she must have a vacuum since she was stopping most everything that came her way. The head coach even said that my daughter is doing the best there and with a little more experience she will just get better. For the most part my daughter doesn’t care where she plays, she is happy anywhere.

On Sunday we went into the bracket plays in 3rd spot from the pool play on Saturday. We had to play 3 hard games as we know most of the teams and how they play. The first game went really well against the Lady Warriors. We shut them down the whole game. We had an hour off and then had to play the Red Wings a team we tied on Saturday. This time we pulled off a 1 run win in the end to go to the finals. In the finals we played a team called the Blue Jays. We played the Blue Jays for the Championship two weeks ago and they won. We wanted this win as we know we are a good team. We got ahead by one run with time running out and held them to no runs to win the game as time ran out. We ended the day the Mothers Day Tournament Champions.

We then ran to my parents and had a buffalo steak dinner with them to end the day. Time to go watch the Survivor finale and get ready for my first day of work with my new company tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home