Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Last Day before the new Job

I was talking with a friend yesterday about my new job I am moving to this next week. She sensed that I didn’t seem happy that I found a new job in under a month. It is not that I am not happy it is just the change that has me confused.

The place I came from was so dysfunctional that in a way it has me very cautious about the next company. This new company seems to have very low turnover and people I have talked to that are there are all very excited and seem to love working there. Unlike the place I came from where you could talk to people there and they all hated it but like me were to scared or comfortable and didn’t want to take the change.

So here is the question and feeling I really hope that the people of the new company can help me overcome. Why do I almost feel like today is my last day of freedom? I mean in a way I am excited to go and meet these new people, to learn some new stuff like Oracle, to talk to people both inside and outside the company. It still comes back to Addroc and the way they treated people that is scaring me.

I think the Lord moves us in strange ways sometimes. For instance I was applying and looking to move out of my old company for a while. If this opportunity had come a long while I was at my old company would I have accepted this new one? Like a co-worker there that had an offer and stayed I might not have taken it. I think that by being out of the old one when this opportunity came along forced me to make the change.

My daughter said it this way. “Look Dad it is like changing schools and you get to make new friends.” I think she summed it up the right way. At this point I am trying to hold open my thought and go with a positive attitude and see what and where things go.

Went and saw the movie Mission Impossible 3. It was pretty good and full of action. Also worked a lot on the pressure washing of my fence. Making it all fresh looking and pretty again.

Have a good weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

well i think your daughter got it right, we, as a society dont like change and we would rather hop along on the bad foot rather than have it fixed if it meant changing our way of life.

Your old company, although dysfunctional as it is to us, is also in the same way functional. You have to look at it from a sociological perspective, " It may not work for the individuals but it works for the company and the company is so far successful in the fact that it is still open.

Smartass

P.S. look at me im already living up to my new name.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping you see this new job as a good thing. You need to get the bitter taste of jail out of your mouth and maybe this place could do it for you.
It doesn't have to be permanant. I'm sure the opportunities will arise where you can work your own business. Until then, explore this new adventure, you never know, it could work out to be a very exciting time for you.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home