Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Day 2

Day two worked out very nicely. I got to meet with the HR gal and work through all the stuff. The more I am here the more I am seeing it is like a place I worked prior to Addroc. I just found out today that I can again wear shorts to work as my attire. The frig is stocked with yogurt and drinks galore and there is even birthday parties each month that if the people having the birthday wish they have brought in marg’s for everyone. Treat day Friday consists of everything from eggs and bacon grilled by a person to donuts. Depends on who is doing the treats that week.

Every year at Addroc when I set up that I wanted certain mornings off to attend my daughters swimming meets I got nothing but grief and pain. I had set up where I would work certain hours to be able to take the hours off I wanted on those days. This made sure that all my work was done and I got to attend what was important. Each year they complained and made it harder for me to do by changing the rules as each year I did it according to the rules in place that year.

Here at the new company I asked about it. She said whatever. It is all honor system for you to put down your vacation and or to make your time work. Talk with the person to make sure coverage is happening and have fun was the answer. I am almost in shock. Can it be I found a company again with the values that I loved at a company previous to Addroc?

We had my son’s Jazz Band concert tonight. It is amazing how much better he has gotten over the three years he has been playing. I like listening to the Jazz band. He will play in the Symphonic Band on Thursday and that music to me gets boring.

I ran 8 miles tonight. My right knee was tightening up so I will have to ice and heat it tonight and try to keep nursing it along. I found out there are runners at the new company. Might have some new running buddies in time.

1 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

How old is your son... and what instrument does he play? Did they play any good tunes?

Smartass

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home