Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Day 1 of New Job

Today I started my new job. So far it has been very relaxed. Met a bunch of the people and everyone seems to be welcoming me aboard. Literally, almost everyone said “welcome aboard.” Other then that seemed very slow and I have a lot to catch up on with what and where stuff is at in their system. I am dealing with my first VOiP system and it seems very easy. As the gal I am learning from was going through some stuff I did a quick little thing to reset the IP on a computer and she was looking at me like what am I doing. She had told me to reboot to fix the problem that I did with this command.

One thing that has me so gun shy is the ease of lunches and time off. I mentioned I wanted a couple hours off for my daughter’s field day on Wednesday. I wanted to use my hour lunch for that and I was told just put it on my calendar, it is no problem. I am at this point a little in shock. I am home for lunch right now and heading back for the rest of my day.

I sat in a meeting this afternoon and was assigned to a group that is studying a book about business. We had to go over a chapter that covered behaving like your in business for yourself. I think I have been through this book before at a previous company. This was a good thing to me. I also noticed there is TONS of food around the company on counters, such as pretzels, dried fruit, nuts, some candy etc. The coffee is always made and a refrigerator is totally stocked with drinks. I have not figured it all out yet but I think the company provides all this. I also heard of monthly birthday parties and lots of get together for the employees. This new company might actually care for its employees. A new twist that has me still wondering and time will tell as we move forward another day.

I was watching the gal I am taking over some work from as she was helping the lady owner. I offered some advice to what she was working on and the lady owner said wow 1st day and your already a benefit and contributing and was happy I was there. She happened to say this just as the other owner that hired me entered the room. I smiled at him and he seemed happy to hear that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost sounds like a company for Stepford Wives!! I'm kiddinggggggggggg!!! Sounds like a great place to work, total switcharoo from jail!!! I hope it works out well for you :)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Samxzih said...

Including arcade games, puzzle games, funny games, sports games, shooting games, and more! Play over 3000 free online games! Free Online Sports Games & More from! Giobikes offers ATV Vehicles, Dirt Bikes, Mini ATVs, 4x4 Welcome To! Kick Moto; BMX Master; Moto Tomb RacerNew Dirt Bike Games. Website navigation: Dirt Bike Games » Free Dirt Bike Games » Free Dirt Bike 3 Game Dirt Bike 3. We have thousands of free online flash games for your dirt bike games online. ActionPlay List of All Games Online for Free at! Get some extreme fun with our cool games to get your adrenaline. Dune Bashing; Bike Race against up to four drivers on twelwe tracks. Play Cartoon Network Games on Cartoon All Free Online Games: Top Rated Free Online Games: 1.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home