Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

More Work

Today I had a meeting with the owner of my new company. I was very excited when I left the meeting. She told me about the company and their goals and expectations. One of them was the company believes in family and the needs of the people taking care of their families. She almost put an expectation on me to make sure I make it to my kids functions as much as possible.

I was very impressed with this owner and this meeting. I even brought up I took this position trying to make a family decision and was less money then other opportunities. I mentioned I hoped to negotiate some of the money issues in the first reviews to which her answer was that sounds totally feasible and there is some room there for that. Again I was surprised and amazed.

Sounds like my new job is going to have some travel in it. I will be heading to another state in two weeks with the owner to do a client install of hardware. Most people this will be a week job but for the part the owner and I am going on it will be just an over-nighter. They even asked if it would fit in my schedule to go on this one with such short notice. It does so that is good and I will get some good learning in.

As for my private businesses they have been picking up also. The product I am trying to get off the ground is still growing. I am working with a gal that purchased from us at a local home show and loves the product and wants more. I also sold my product to a restaurant in New Jersey. I talked to the owner and people are loving them and he needs information and brochures. He is also looking at them still to go nationwide with my product in all his stores. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I also do private consulting in IT. When Addroc ended I again started pushing it just as I did between jobs when I started at Addroc. I picked up clients and they have all stayed with me and been extra money the whole time I worked at Addroc. Now I am again from being in between jobs picking up new more new clients. I took care of one at noon today, one I picked up while off called for more work, and another totally new client called today needing work.

With all the school activities right now, the new job, travel plans, new clients needing work, my product still growing I am getting worried. I might become to busy again. Guess time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home