Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Friends are what it is about.

I have been fighting the stomach pain most of the day. I had a bit of relief after I took some Aleve this morning but it has been a slight dull nagging pain all day. When it leaves I am like no MRI then I get it back and I am thinking I need to get it with all the other stories I am hearing now. I will try to explain.

There was David who went to the doctor for a back ache and they found his cancer. Cathy just passed away due to a fight with cancer. While at Cathy’s viewing tonight we were talking about another friend of Cathy’s that just went in for a sore side in November and just passed away last month on them from a cancer. All these people are not much older than I am and I am fighting this stomach pain. Honestly I really do think it is nothing and I don’t want to do it to find out it is just going to have to run its course with less running. BUT on a side note, I have not admitted this yet but there is a bit of worry what if they find something in me? :(

At Cathy’s viewing we walked in and saw many other friends. Some I have not seen in a while just due to busy lives. Something is wrong with that statement. We hugged and talked for a bit. I visited with Jerry (Cathy’s husband) a bit and he is holding up well so far. I think I need to put a marker in my mind to after all the family is gone take him out for a beer or get him to start coming and playing some basketball with me. He will need to talk and release I am sure in time.

We went in to see Cathy for the last time and again this cancer and people dying around me is just plain sucking. She looked stiff and almost plastic about the same as David did. Viewings are tough to see the person lying there not really looking like themselves and to think that person will never again hold a loved one’s hand, walk with the sun on their face, or smile at a friend. They are only a memory to the people that knew the person.

Right now at 7pm my watch alarm goes off. I consciously hit the button to stop it ringing every day. When it goes off I take just a second and reflect on the last 24 hours of my life. Standing at 2 different friends viewings in the last month makes it ever more important that I take that moment each day to reflect not only on what I did for the day but who’s life did I touch for the day. It is important to treat people in your life with respect, honesty, compassion, and love for tomorrow you or they could not be here.

2 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

and out of honesty and respect angel can dig her nails in your arms.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well at least digging my nails into his arms is relatively harmless...

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home