Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Playing with my Girl

I was lazy and no workout today. Tonight I took my daughter to softball practice. Tonight on the way there she was ready and anxious to go. She told me on the way to practice that she loves going to practice and she was bummed when the games were canceled on Sunday. This is all new to us. She used to fight us to go to practice. I think that tells me something. The move to this other team and off the “A” was a good move to get her to love it for the game and not the pressure.

Tonight at practice I heard the coach tell her she is her best infielder and she needs to keep it up and help the others. Again I am full of pride that she is doing so well. They were practicing some fielding and needed some runners. So parents usually will do that and I was a runner. Since I have coached I knew things to pull on the girls to make them have to think.

My daughter was at 3rd base and I took off from 2nd base towards her. The girls got her the ball and I stopped and started back to 2nd. She threw the ball and it beat me and I turned back to 3rd. YES they had me in a pickle. I thought to myself the girls will make about 2 maybe 3 throws and I am safe on a base. NOPE! They made all the throws but then my daughter got the ball and took off after me. I thought she was going to catch me but she was smart she threw the ball and they tagged me out. It was a perfect pickle play and they executed it awesome.

On the way home I asked her about it and she was smiling and of course happy to get dad out. I said so what have I been doing for the last 2 hours? She said playing. I said yep I been playing softball, a game, with my daughter for 2 hours and it was fun. She smiled and that is when you know as a dad this is what it is all about, making memories with your kids.

The running though has caused my stomach though to go into pain. The pain is even pushing down my right leg a bit. I don’t know if you remember back a while ago in my writings I was having chest pains. Well they have come back again also. So tonight is not going to well with the lower stomach and chest pains. I am going to take an Aleve in a bit and go to bed. Hope it is all gone by tomorrow morning I am planning on spinning class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home