Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Softball Begins

Yesterday was hard. The funeral went almost 4 hours with all that I attended for David. There were literally hundreds of people there as this man was loved by all. He was an amazing person and everyone was crying at this loss.

From there I ended up at the ball park watching my daughter play softball in the first tournament of the year. Softball season is here. They won 2 of 3 games. My daughter is the best player on the team and I am not saying that as a father. As you know we dropped her down this year off the A team to this B team. We did this for many reasons from coaching, to money, to being able to let her swim again and to be a kid and not LIVE softball every moment.

I do have to tell you a bit though as I feel a need to write at the moment. She played Short Stop for the first time in her softball career. She was nervous and as I tried to coach her some that position has to control the infield. It is up to her to be talking to the team and helping with plays as she can see the field the best and most balls come that direction she has to be quick and understand the plays needing made. She did a great job and this will only make her a better player in the end as she learns some leadership skills.

In one game she was playing 2nd though. A gal on the other team bunted and the 1st and 3rd basemen crashed on the ball. My daughter covered 1st just like she should and the catcher fielded the bunt and threw it to her. She caught the ball and put the batter out. My daughter then knowing the plays immediately side hopped off 1st and threw the ball back at the catcher who tagged the runner coming trying to score on that bunt. It was an AWESOME double play between the catcher and my daughter.
So today we were to go back again for the rest of the tournament but snow storms ruined the rest of the tournament. So we spent the day catching up on work around the house. I even vacuumed and though there is still come clutter it does look a bit caught back up.

I have not ran now in a week and I skipped basketball tonight also in an effort to help myself heal. I jogged to the car yesterday at the ball park and hurt and I have hurt a bit today. My wife asked me just a bit ago if I am calling and scheduling my MRI. I told her I would as soon as I collected a bit more money from some sources that owe me. In the mean time I am trying to cut out running and getting to think I am done running and a bit pissed at life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buggy B said...

Hey Gator, Does it have to be Cubed to give me the hug? You know Angel, Cheryl or a couple others that work here with me read this. Could they do it instead? :)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home