Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

St Patrick’s Day Race.

I ran a 5 mile race today in Tempe AZ for St Patricks Day. I felt yucky getting out of the car but I forced myself to take a small warm up run. We all lined up for the run at the start line and I was thinking just make it a fun run and beat my 5 mile race PR of 44:30.

The race began and at the 2 mile mark there was a U turn in the course. As I was running I took count of the people ahead of me. I was at that point in 53rd place. I kept on my pace and making it fun and soon I started catching more and more people. In the next 3 miles I caught enough people to end the race in 37th place over all, and 5 in my age, best I have ever done. My ending time was 37:15 so a whole new PR for me and a happy 7:30 pace for a 5 mile race. I was pleased with my time and I believe it will be a hard PR to break with the low level here. Good thing it was a weird 5 mile race huh.

4 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

lol very nice my friend. Im surprised you beat your PR in such a low altitude. That must have been difficult. I wish i could have been there to see you sucking wind.

11:03 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

GOOD JOB

At the risk of sounding retarded I would of thought a low altitude would be of a benefit??? Could you please explain???

11:33 AM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:24 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

oops above was me and I wasnt thinking. If you live at sea level and run often at sea level and then go up to a higher elevation your body will not recieve as much oxygen. So you will be real sluggish and slow.

In buggys case he came down the mountain where the air is thicker which is why he beat his PR by such a large margin. He had an abundance of oxygen. Im sure he felt great afterwards too.

My High School faces this problem in sports. We are in the same league as Big Bear High School. There is a 3-5,000 foot difference in altitude. And a 2-3,000 foot elevation difference between here and palm springs, and LA.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home