Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

B.A.D.A.S.S.

Today I joined some running friends. They decided to do this run that was to run around a huge reservoir located near us. We all predicted it to be between 16 and 20 miles of a fun. My friends started on the north side of the lake and began running the road that is all hills. They reached 6 miles at which point is where I met up with them. I then ran the next 13.2 miles with them.

The run was awesome. We traveled as a group of 9 friends all running and mixing up the groups chatting. The hours you spend with people like that talking about fun thing in their lives is always enjoyable. This group of people is also so very supportive of each other. It doesn’t matter if your slow, if your run part of the distance, or anything else. What matters if you’re running with them and having a good time.

One of the people in my group posted this to a group email. I thought it was very good and I wanted to log it and share with all of you.

“I just wanted to let everyone know that I was diagnosed this afternoon with B.A.D.A.S.S. (Buddy Assisted Daring Adventure Sleep Syndrome). Apparently, this is a serious condition that is caused by running the entire perimeter of H Reservoir. Symptoms include: Achy bones and joints, sore toenails, dirty running shoes and an overwhelming desire to curl up on the floor and take a nap.
The good news is that this is not fatal, although I've been warned that once diagnosed with B.A.D.A.S.S., it tends to become a recurring problem (usually on the weekends) and gets worse over time.
The bad news is that this is a highly contagious syndrome, so anyone that ran today (or has run with me in the past) is likely to have been exposed, and ultimately guaranteed to get this disease. Progression of this syndrome leads to: a strong desire to run big hills, running in wind and snow and extreme heat, multiple marathons and tougher and tougher race entries.
Anyway, I just though it fair to warn you. I'm so sorry. I don't think there is a cure.....apparently it gets in your blood and stays there.”


And I run with this person a few times a week. Hope I don’t catch it. Ohhh Wait I was running this reservoir also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home