Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Truck is Running I am NOT!

I think I have been out to kill myself this weekend. I ended up out late with dinner and a movie Friday night. That put me a bit down to start the weekend. As I tossed and turned that night I kept hearing the house creak with the high wind gust in the early morning hours. I thought to myself I am going to just sleep in. Well 7:45am I woke and thought I can’t do this I need a run so I hurried and got ready to run. OKAY HERE you go Ney me in tights, I hope no one gets sick looking at this.

I met the group which consisted of 11 people all high end marathons runners. We headed out and I was on pace with them for a while but then started dropping off. I ended up with one guy and ran together for a while. A while meaning till mile 10 at which point I was beginning to hurt and told him to take off and get a good finish. He did and left me at that point. I am now the last person in the group out there just trying to get back. I ended up with again 13.1 miles and in this case the fastest time of the year. I was hurting.

I got home and showered, changed and headed to my parents. My brother in law was coming to town to help me with my truck. We started working on the truck around noon on Saturday and did not stop until after 10 pm. By the time I drove home, showered and cleaned up it was midnight when I crawled, yes crawled to bed almost in tears. With the run and working that hard on my truck my legs, arms, chest, etc all hurt and ached. I could not even lay on my side as my legs touching were in pain. The night sucked as I was either waking up due to the pain in my body for over tired or I was coughing. Yes I have worn myself down enough I was now fighting a cough again. 


I could hardly sleep and got up about 8 and came down to lie on the couch and watch some TV. I was barely there a half hour and my mom called. She said where are you? Your brother in law is here and ready to finish the truck. I quickly changed, picked up a few more parts and headed again to my parents to work on my truck some more. We worked on the truck and when ready we hit the key, VROOM it came to life so pretty it was amazing. I now have my truck back in the garage and I am driving it again. It has the following, Rebuilt Transmission with Corvette Shift Kit, New Starter, water pump, battery, cables, seals, and of course the new ENGINE. YES I might be a nerd but I have other talents also as you can see. Mostly the desire to save money and the ability to fix things that I tear apart. 

I came home been to softball practice, and then met a friend at a health club and played some 2 on 2 basketball for an hour. I think my body is now yelling at me as my legs are hurting, I am feeling week, I am coughing and generally wiped out. SO now my dilemma? DO I go play another couple hours of basketball tonight? HMMM I have a couple hours to recoup yet before I have to decide.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you go play basketball tonight....and I am saying this as a friend, I will kick your butt from here to China!

Got it?????

Take a break before you break!

6:10 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

lol...nice..wtg.

6:30 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

tights..ewww..disgusting.

8:08 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

tights..ewww..disgusting.

8:08 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Awww, thanks Buggy for my picture ;) Your shirt matched Gators in his Avatar ;)

Wow you truly are ambitious. I hope you listened to your friend Anne, it sounds as though you need a rest, heck I'm just exhausted reading about the 13.1 mile run. ;)

8:54 AM  
Blogger ridiculous said...

listen to your body! it is telling you that you need to rest. soon, it will "tell" you by breaking down completely.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home