Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stress

The wind is still blowing today and is colder then crap. A friend emailed me and asked if I could run at lunch to which I said yes knowing the wind would suck. I headed out from work as is normal for home to get ready to run. Even with the wind I know I needed a run. There has been some added stress lately in my life with my sister being sick, a couple of friends needing some help, and then at work this morning I made a small mistake and deleted some major files. We were able to recover them though but the stress was still there.

I wonder if the chest has become a stress indicator since it has been hurting all week with all this adding up. It does seem to get better after a run so I left work and headed for home to run. I was half way home when there was a Rattle, then a loud Pop and something that sounded like pieces flying around and the engine in my truck died. I quickly coasted to the side of the road.

I tried to restart it a few times and all I got was a thud from the starter. I thought of calling my wife to come get me but she is home sick with a 100 degree fever, more stress this week with her sick. I locked my truck and started to walk for home when I got the bright idea to call my mom. Parents are the only people you can always trust to be there. My dad was only a mile from me and he is always in his truck. He came right over and we put a chain on the trucks and he pulled me all the way across town to a mechanic shop.

So my truck is now there with what I am certain to be a major problem. I rode back with my dad to my sisters. Bright spot here when I entered her house she voice was happy and normal. She was sitting at the kitchen table. She hopped up made me a turkey sandwich, chips and an orange and tossed me her key to her Lexus 400h. She said “with the surgery I can’t drive for 6 weeks and I like my van so you take this till you get your truck back. It helped to see her feeling so good and looking better out of the hospital.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cubed said...

I would vote for you going to the DR about the chest pain thing. Its probably nothing but I would rather you be safe.

Imagine if you would have deleted those important files at Addroc:) It sucks to screw things up but it feels good to have the help to fix it.

5:39 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

Wow, I'm glad to hear your sister is making such a quick recovery, but sorry to hear about the truck and all the stress. That stinks. I guess that means no pictures for awhile Ney.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home