Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Truck Update

When my engine went I thought it was the transmission breaking. I had been babying it for over a year. Sometimes it would slip and or yank when shifting. I have been waiting to spend the $1800 to have it rebuilt till it broke for good.

I did some talking this week to a friend and it got me thinking. He got me thinking and we did a bit of calling around. Well it would cost me $1000 to have the transmission rebuilt if I brought it in. So I could save $800 by taking it in and out myself. Again here I go again. So yesterday I ended up spending 3 hours taking out the transmission, transfer case, cross members in the frame and all drive lines.

The transmission will be rebuilt this next week with all new parts and a corvette shift kit. Today I pushed the truck out and sprayed everything I could reach with degreaser. It soaked for half an hour and then I used a power washer to spray and wash the whole engine compartment. I then laid down on the ground and sprayed up under the truck the best I could. I was very happy with how much grease and grime I got out of the truck. In the pictures the first is a picture un-cleaned and the front differential is black. In the second you can see it is aluminum colored now that it is cleaned.


3 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

nice job.

10:52 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Sounds and looks way to complicated.

At least it is all shiny and pretty now ;)

By the way where is the picture of you in black and blue tights? Bunny and I are still waiting!!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Is the truck put all back together again?

Where is the picture of you in tights? ;)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home