Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Monday, January 28, 2008

This last weekend was long and tough. To start on Saturday I ran another 13.1 miles. This time I ran 2.5 miles over to a mountain, then ran 1.5 miles up the side of the mountain, back down the trail, then back the 1.5 miles up the mountain, and back down the mountain, and finished running flat ground back to my car. So I did the 13.1 miles with 6 of it on a hiking trail and 3 of it up the side of a mountain.

Then I went to my parent’s house where I spent 6 hours crawling around my truck starting to remove then engine. I went back again on Sunday and spent another 6 hours lying under the truck still removing the engine. After all this the engine is now sitting on an engine stand in front of my truck.

After removing the oil pan can now see what broke in the engine. As you can see in the picture it was the Crank Shaft broke. I had been looking for an engine to put back in. I could buy an engine with 100k miles on it from a junk yard for around $1400. I could buy a rebuilt engine online for around $1700. I could buy a remanufactured engine for around $2300. I could buy a brand new GM engine for $2500.

With that I am going to buy a new engine and hopefully spend another weekend putting it back in my truck. I want my truck back as I don’t really care for driving the car I am right now. I mean it is a good car and all but I am a truck kind of guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

no i cannot see.

12:52 AM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your motivation after that big ol' run.

6:20 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

Awesome!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home