Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Motivation

A couple I know and run with that are husband and wife snuck away and didn’t tell anyone and went and ran the Dallas Marathon. The husband recently sent out a 26 page document of the details of the marathon trip they took. It was very interesting to read. It made me remember my marathon last May and how much it hurt and I swore to never do that again. The crying, the cramps, and the time it took to do it along with the training.

Then today I was running with a couple of friends. Both are marathoners. It seems all I run with are marathoners. They stired again a small fire in me to think that maybe I should do another one. I know I could beat that dang 5 hour time I did the last time. Last time I went in injured and actually people were surprised to see me at the start line that morning. So injured I still finished. I worked through the phsyical and the emotional pain. Hmmm small fire but still a fire. One friend is constantly saying you train and you are a runner to me, if I wasn’t I would not be doing 30+ miles a week.

Then tonight I went to a special showing of a documentary movie. It is called The Spirit of the Marathon. It features Deena Castor and a Kenyan as the elite runners along with a mix of other normal people all running for different personal reasons. It was all leading upto and watching them all finish the 2005 Chicago Marathon. I watched the movie with a smattering of 20+ running friends. After the movie they are all asking so are you motivated to do another one? Did you see the sign in the movie saying “You are all Crazy!” They all smile and I think they see something in me I am not fully letting myself see but maybe a bit now.

What the movie did let me see is some of the things I missed by worring about my 5 hours time. The parts of I FINISHED a MARATHON! I completed it through PAIN and INJURY. I have done something most people say they can’t do. I have the abilty to do it again and do it better. That dang little spark is growing again and nagging at me some. One thing is says is ALMOST ANYONE can do a marathon and say they have done a marathon. BUT to be a marathonER you might have to do 2. DAMN I need to go to bed before I sell myself on doing another.

AND Gator wins with the Flames. He wins a hug from Bunny someday.

AND AND Ney with all this running talk means I am running, and it is cold and I am wearing tights all the time. I have pics in the black but not the blue. Ohh and a gal runner the other day mentioned she liked the view in the tights from the rear. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

We would like to see the same view as your running pal ;)

7:30 AM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I'm a loser, I have made excuse after excuse not to get out and run this year. I was doing so well for the months of November and December. I suck!!! I need a pep talk!!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

thats ok ney..coz you make excuse after excuse not to blog too.

Woohoo when do i get my hug bunny?

8:15 PM  
Blogger ridiculous said...

i think that you need to keep focusing on the fact that you have finished a marathon. that is a huge accomplishment that very few people can claim (me included).

ps: you're back on my blogroll.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home