Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Monday, March 03, 2008

A Great Weekend

There was this really awesome little race in town called the Leap Day 5k. This race was put on by a running friend of mine to support Project Self Sufficiency http://ps-s.org/ . There was near 150 people that participated in this event on Friday night which was a great turn out on a warm wonderful CO night.

As normal a bunch of my friends from the running groups all showed up to support this race and in most cases they won the race in many divisions. I am really lucky and honored to run with such talented people as I will mention more of this in a bit.
I had also put a flyer on my desk showing and promoting this race and in the end I have 4 people I work with and the sister of one come and run this race. In 3 of those cases this was their first 5k race. I would like to say I am proud of each of them for participating and turning in their first race official PR’s. I have already seen an email and a couple of them are going to run a race this month again.

I had also called a local restaurant and reserved a space for after the race. In the end there was 17 people that showed up for the after race party for drinks and to hang out. It was a great night with good work friends, and of course my running friends.

On Saturday night I decided to participate in another function put on by some coworkers. It was a 22 person Sushi Party. I have never had sushi and being a sushi virgin thought it was time to lose it. I became the rice washer, (the lowest job in a sushi kitchen) and started earning my right to move up that ladder. Everyone prepared the food drinking sake and enjoying the night with friends.

When it came time to make the sushi rolls everyone got a lesson and then sat down to roll up their own creations. I think my cake decorating urges came through as I could not be happy with just a roll of sushi but needed to put stuff on the outside and add to the look. Everyone was to make a roll to take home and I made mine. Soon a guy from work said would you make mine to take home so my kids think I could make a good looking sushi roll. I did make his also and it became a fun topic.

I was at the party alone as my wife said no to eating sushi but I have to give her credit. On Sunday she did take one of mine I brought home and ate it. I think the jury is still out whether she liked it or not.

A friend sent this out. So if 3/1 was 77 and beautiful and 3/2 was 33 and baleful with 35 MPH winds from the north. Did March come in like a Lion or Lamb? Like a Lamb quickly eaten by a Lion? I am looking for your thoughts on which you think this is? With this piece of knowledge I will let my running friends know I did 14 miles in that @%$@#$% wind. Talk about burned out thighs.

3 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

lol..i think the lamb is definetly dead.

1:44 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Poor little lamb, I bet Mary is sad.

Wow, good job with 14 mile in that "@%$@#$% wind"!!!

10:13 AM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

I'm with your wife, I'll pass on the sushi. Early eats that stuff GAG. The party sounds like fun though - never been to one of those.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home