Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

What did she call me?

Today we drove to Longmont to meet my wife’s sister and her family for a birthday lunch celebration. Today is my niece’s 16th, on the 17th is my brother in laws, on the 18th is my wife’s and on the 25 is mine. This is the family birthday month.

We have all met at the restaurant and there is no one serving us. Suddenly this gal Tabatha shows up to begin taking our order. She is not normally at this table the person that should have had us had not shown up yet and she was covering. She is tossing the coasters in a fun way down the table and one spins off a bit and drops in a kids lap. We all laugh as she apologizes. I say no worries you can throw those at anyone at the table and smiled, then quietly said except me.

Tabatha looks at me and says “oh sorry Princess I missed the crown.” Everyone laughed and the kids ate that one up. Tabatha began working on taking our orders and when she got to me she said “So Sunshine what will you have today?” Everyone at the table looked at her when she said that. My wife looked at her and said “Do you know that is what a lot of people call him for a nick name?” She laughed then knowing she tripped on a secret. The rest of the meal I kept getting Sprite Refills with 4-5 cherry’s for the Sunshine Princess.

Later in the meal my wife is telling a story and laughing a bit loud and pointing at me. (The story was not about me I was just the aim point). Tabatha was at the end of the isle and started smiling. She comes walking up and I say, pointing at my wife, “its okay she get wild sometimes.” Tabatha says “it wasn’t her it was she was pointing at you Sunshine so I knew there had to be a good story I was missing.” Again my wife and her family all laugh and say almost in unison “Buggy she already has you pegged!”

We finished lunch and as we were leaving Tabatha swings by and says “Have a great day Sunshine.” Seemed a good way to the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cubed said...

Sunshine is the greatest nickname for you. I'm glad I may have played a small part in propagating that name.

7:07 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Happy early Birthday Sunshine!!!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have a nice relaxed birthday Sunshine Princess.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home