Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Am I seeing the Age thing?

For a while now I have been fighting some lower stomach pains. I contributed to running and when not running I would hurt a while and then it would dissipate, meaning that I was still running the same miles a week just the pain was there and gone. Well recently the pain is staying with me and is now messing with my sleep. I will wake at 3am in pain and lay there holding my stomach for a couple hours.

I called the doctor up and made an appointment. I get there and the nurse is pleased at my weight again dropped, but was like WOW when I rattled off all the things I was there for. I have a problem with this finger, and this finger, and my heel, and my other foot, and of course the abdominal pain issue. She writes it all down and leaves and I start to think CRAP I am becoming an old MAN. I have this list of stuff going wrong with me that I turn over to the doctor.

Well most of the stuff is just my older age issues and most don’t need to be worried about in the end. Some of the pains in the feet are from running and both the doctor and I agreed the small amount of exercise pain outweighs the weight, cholesterol and heart problems I would have without the exercise. So we find ways to help and I will keep running.

The main problem though with abdominal pain he doesn’t know what it is. Could be something with big words or a pelvis something again, or what is known as a sport hernia. He leaves the room and comes back saying he made a call and an MRI would be the best way to get a picture of what is happening and then he can diagnose what is going on to help me out. So I get the MRI on Thursday morning.

Now as I return to work I am not worried but upset with thinking of my age coming on. A little upset so then I usually turn inside and hide to reflect. And I am a bit pissed as there are a lot of races coming up I want to run in and this better not mess those up either. Arrghhhh get the feeling?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're in my thoughts Buggy. It's good to hear you're getting the pain checked out. You'll get it taken care of and knock that pain out. Keep us posted.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Cubed said...

Old man, just seems like yesterday you turned 40. Don't give up the running, it works for you and has helped a lot.

8:52 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

That's why I won't run, I'm afraid it'll turn me into an old man lol.
I'll stick with snack trays and wine.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home