Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birthday Thoughts

Last night was pretty rough thinking about David. Pictures of previous post are some I took of David and I our our life escape excursions. I ran a couple errands and I could tell my patience was at a bare minimum as dealt with people. I got home and my wife was sweet and hugged me and I heard her telling my daughter Daddy is going to be sad for a few days.

With my other pains and issues I have about had my limit. I went and changed into running gear and my wife asked me not to run but I think she knew it was a futile attempt. I left shortly after 5 and reined in 4.1 miles in just over 30 minutes and I knew my pace was pushing it with the side ache I had through it. All I could think of was at least with pain I knew I was alive. I reached the place where a friend Cat works and picked her up for another 7 mile loop.

As we were running and talking she knew I was releasing internal pain and offered to run as long as I needed. She will be going to a marathon at the end of the week and is tapering but if I needed a friend she would have run me any distance last night. She was in fun complaining I was out to kill her though as my pace didn’t waver much though I did drop back some to talk with her. In the end I pulled in 11.1 miles in just over 1.5 hours which is almost an extra mile to my normal.

I even received a personal call from the pastor of my church. He called knowing that David and I had a special friendship to let me know in person. Wish me some faith in the Lord and let me know some of the projected plans for services. I think I will call him today and ask for a moment to speak at David’s services.

Happy Birthday to me if rough this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you make the best of your birthday. Happy birthday Buggy.

10:14 AM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

Happy Birthday My Friend.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home