Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Run Fatboy Retired

Friday I again attended spinning class. I was leaving the club and the sun was coming up and I was done working out and heading to work for the day. I looked around and thought to myself all is good.

I was for the first time in a long time finishing a workout and was not in pain. I have not had any real pain now for a few days. Then again it has now been almost 2 weeks since I have last run. I am beginning to get lazy and losing the mental drive to run. I am beginning to like spinning class more and more though. I am a bit afraid I will be done running as in the past I quit for months and years at a time. I am a bit sad at the prospect.

Today spent the day with my daughter at the ball field. She is in a softball tournament this weekend again. She again played very well and I love watching my girl out in the field. She is growing into such a beautiful young woman, but still at the age you can see the fun and excitement in her as a little girl. While at the Ball Park I needed to get something out of the car. I took off at a jog and instantly my stomach went into pain. That kind of bummed me out a bit.

Tonight I joined 15 other runners to see the movie Run Fatboy Run. It was a funny movie and led me to a bit of motivation. I thought maybe I need to buy that movie when it comes out in DVD and use it for motivation later when I get well.

After the movie we all went to one of the gals house to have Mexican food and to hang out and talk. I announced my running retirement and got a bunch of slack. Everything to no you are not you have tried to retire for years to are you serious. I am partially serious. In the end it was a great night with good friends.

Some of them are into biking so a concept came up I might need to think through. Spend the money on the MRI to find out what I already know. OR spend the money on a road bike and take up cycling for a while to keep my exercise some and see if I can run again in a couple years. In any case I am a bit depressed about this pain and I do want to go run and not running and hanging with my friends is getting to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am torn about what to tell you as a fellow cyclist and runner. You are NOT retiring from running. Spend the money on the MRI and get the bike later. In the mean time, you can come to my spinning classes and run easy with the rest of us. You can take the cycling outside later.

10:31 AM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

I agree with Angel totally.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you know my response to the MRI :)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home