Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Button Pusher

As previously mentioned our TV broke. Sunday we ended up buying a new High Def TV. WOW is it amazing. I cannot believe we were still using the TV we had for so long. We watched MNF last night and were in amazement. My son even said while Brett Farve’s Wife was on the show “Look you can even see the hair on her lip.” I can’t wait to rent of other movies and test this new TV out even more.

Monday was a tough day for me. I was the only one at work to cover everything and it was a busy day. One item is we at work hold these training classes that we set up 12 laptops, projectors and a server and small wireless network in a room at hotels. So everything has to be moved and set up and torn down afterwards. Well being alone on Monday it took me almost 2 hours to get everything set up and running. Not a problem just took away time from other issues that I fell behind on and had to catch up.

This morning I am working away and some people called from the training at the hotel. They could not connect to the server. I asked them the following:
1) Is the server running? They replied yes they turned it on.
2) So if you turned it on did you shut it down last night? Yes we turned it off and restarted it this morning.

I loaded up a monitor and keyboard and drove to the hotel and went in to see what was going on. I walked up to the server and it was not running. I pushed the button to turn it on let it boot up and guess what they could connect to it. They had a good laugh. I told them of another story about a person at work with the same thing that I just turn on the machine. She was in the room and gave me a hard time. I guess I have a talent for pushing buttons, on PC’s. OKAY I might push a few on people to but I hope that is normally good and not bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

You lucky you. I so want a new TV. We left our big screen in at one of the rental properties in the states. The furnished places we've been renting here have tiny little TV's. In two weeks we get our own place and our own TV, I can't wait.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home