Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Chevrolet

Yes, I am a Chevy guy. I always have been and I think partially because I was raised that way. My parents and my all my grandparents were all Chevrolet families. My grandparents were in the logging business and swore by the Chevy trucks they used to haul the logs out the rough cut logging roads. I rode in these trucks may a day bouncing and learning as a kid about the tough trucks.

As I hit my teen years I began working with my father in construction. Again he always owned Chevy trucks. He owned a brown Ford for a short time but I remember him being almost ecstatic when he sold that piece of junk. He has never again bought a ford truck.

Today I was out running some errands. One of the errands was to haul home some gravel for a side driveway I have. I am in the gravel yard and the front end loader come by and dumps the gravel in my truck. I thought hmmm that was not very much he put in until I went to the scales. I go inside to pay for the amount of gravel in my truck and there is a guy in there paying for his load also. He had a Dodge. My truck had 1.25 Tons of gravel in a ½ truck. The other guy had ¾ of a ton. My Chevy hardly looked like it had a load the Dodge was dragging its ass.

I almost bought a Ford the last time I bought a truck. That was 10 years ago when I bought the Chevy I own. Now 10 years later I am still glad I bought the Chevy. I can in my mind make the perfect commercial. The ones you see with Chevy trucks slamming tail gates and bouncing through construction sites loaded full. I have lived that as a kid, a teen and an adult. If you ask me always buy CHEVY.

I double posted today. Was in a writing mood since if was raining out I guess. TB if your reading please comment. Gator this counts double for me so I get 1 strike less when I don't post for a while. :) Cubed for you just remember who your best friend is! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

I too have always been a Chevy fan. Let me see... Firebird VS Camero... Gimme a break, not even close.
I had an all black, half ton 4 by 4 Chevy with black tinted windows in the 80's. It was awesome. I was stopped at a light in the rain in Denver rush hour traffic when the tranny went out. I put it in the shop, but they didn't have it fixed by the time I was leaving Denver so I left without it. I kept meaning to get back and pick it up but didn't ever make it. I hope it got a good home ; )
I loaned out a three wheeled trike in Boise and never went back for it, and we have another MGT floating around around somewhere else that I haven't seen for 4 years. I have to stop doing that someday.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Chevy too :D

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home