Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Old Man and Basketball

A comment left by Cubed. He said he “thinks I should come exercise with him” Well I ended up getting 5.8 miles in on Saturday without a knee brace. It seems that the biking I have been doing on some hills has been helping. Though I still feel a bit of hmmm something in the knee is a bit amiss or it talks to me slightly at times it seems to be getting better. The hard part is keeping going as a slow normal pace and not over doing anything to bring back the pain.

Sunday night I also put in a strong 60 minutes of continuous basketball play. WOOHOOO Basketball season is beginning again. Every Sunday night now games are back going.

This week was my first week back on the court. I got to the gym and there were only 5 guys there counting me so I got my shoes on and grabbed a ball to start warming up. I SUCKED!!!!!! I missed the rim, was leaving everything either short or when aiming at a bank shot slamming it off the glass. One guy said “I have to keep looking up it is raining basketballs you 2 are so rusty. I was a bit embarrassed that I was missing so badly and comments like that kind of sunk it home. But I keep at it for about 30 minutes while we waited for enough guys to play and started making a few here and there.

We finally had enough to go 4 on 4 and we went full court. That means a whole lot more running to make up for a missing 5 guy on the teams. Cutting and plays become more active. As the games continued my shots came back. I got my fat but off the court with some decent jumps for rebounds and tips to my team. I ended the night with burning lungs from running, and a good feeling for my game play for the night. I was on the winning team all night making 60% of my shots I took which is great for me. Only 1 injury as I took a hard hit in the face from a forearm on a reach. Didn’t feel good but I will get even with the guy as it was my son that hit me.

One of the guys that play with us is a local High School coach. He had ot ask about my son and where he goes to school. He noticed my son has gotten better. I did too. He was cutting and posting up like I coached him over the years. Not just half doing it like he did then but actually doing the switch moves and making his shots. I was also impressed he can now jump and hit the rim and if he keeps it up I think he will be slamming home shots soon.

I was soreeeeeeee on Monday. Anyone good at massages?

Gator get that pc fixed soon or I will attain my1st strike against you. :)

Bunny thanks for the comments. I read on the tai chi and I might have to give it a try. Alwasy interested in learning.

2 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

you can always call a strike...but ya see...im still posting.

6:08 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

Hope you enjoy Tai Chi.
Early and I have been doing it for awhile. Ney wants to take it up, so we're going to go to a couple of weeks of classes with her while she's here. Early especially likes the move he suggested I learn, where I put my ankles behind my head. It wasn't easy to learn but I finally got it down. I couldn't find it in any Tai Chi how to books, but Early explained to me that this was a super secret Tai Chi move that only the masters use so it wouldn't be in the books.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home