Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Running Update

As previously mentioned I saw the doctor on Thursday. As I sat there waiting in the room for him I had received an email from TB making fun of me possibly sitting there in a gown. YEAH right I was wearing shorts to see a doctor about my knee. The doctor walked in and we talked for a bit about my running etc. He had me get up on the table so he could look at it and said “thanks for wearing shorts.” HA

He first looked at my right knee working it, bending it, poking and prodding.

Doctor: This is a really good knee with no problems.

Me: That is great but this is the knee that hurts. (as I pointed to my left knee)

He then started doing the same procedure to my left knee all the time asking if it hurt doing what ever he was doing.

Doctor: This knee is good as well.

At this point I was worried he would say next “if it hurts when running then quit running.” I would have my out to retire.

Doctor: You have Anterior blah blah blah.

He then had me hold my legs straight out in front of me and showed me the differences in my leg muscles. My right leg inner muscle by the knee cap is much bigger then the left leg. That small muscle needs to be worked to get it stronger. That will allow my knee cap, (Cubed this is CAP not CRAP, as I just read you’re hearing things a little off) to begin to track correctly. Right now it is rubbing in the groove it travels in inflaming and causing my pain.

Me: Okay so what is the fix for this? I ask.

Doctor: Biking is great. Get on your bike and go ride up some hills getting out of the saddle and peddle hard. OR, you can put on a brace to hold the patella in place and run up hills to build that muscle.

Great I think he just told me my knees are in great shape and that to fix my problems I have to start running and or biking in harder location to build my muscles even more to fix my pain. That is like adding pain to cure pain?

I went out for over an hour bike ride, near 12 miles, on Friday night. I felt that muscle burning so I know I worked it. I then had a friend run with me Saturday morning for 4 miles. I had a brace on and my knee didn’t hurt but that muscle was again burning. As yesterday continued and even now though there is a bit of pain in my knee. I am resting today and maybe try either a bike or small run again tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

My brother has the same problem...only he keeps dislocating his knee...and if he would just work out those muscles and build them up...he wouldnt have the dislocation problem as much.

2:12 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:12 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

wtf!!....i guess i posted it twice incase you didnt read it the first time. thats ok i deleted one.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Cubed said...

I would still vote for you taking a couple of months off and working on strengthening your leg muscles. But I don't think my vote counts.

7:05 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

Right on! This means we get to keep our title. Woo hoo!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home