Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Rest of the Sking Story

At our company picnic this last Sunday a co-worker of mine happened to be talking to my wife. Water Skiing came up in the conversation. She asked me where I would recommend her to go to be able to try to water ski. I said I could take her out one evening after work. I talked to her on Monday about it and she was anxious to do it.

I then decided that since we need at least 3 people to go out skiing that maybe Smarter would like to go along. He said sure and that of the days I could do it Wednesday was the best day. Wednesday came and we all had our gear to go. At 2pm a storm rolled through and it was raining and lightning out. I could see the disappointment in their eyes. We waited though and by the time we went it was the normal nice evening.

We drove to the lake and prepared the boat. Neither of my 2 co-workers had ever skied before, Smarter and the gal we will call TB, so I knew I was in for a lot of waiting and I turned my patience on. First up was Smarter. I told him the proper way to enter the water was to dive in. He didn’t he held his nose and hesitantly jumped in the lake. After circling and many humorous attempts to pull him up on skies he turned it over to TB. TB took the water and she attempted to ski for without a whole lot of success.

I then was prepared to ski a little and with practically no boats on the lake I felt safe letting Smarter take the throttle and drive. He practice for about 1 minute and TOTALLY freaked out and back out of driving. TB had to learn and though was a little jumpy at first smoothed out by the end of the night and did a pretty good job as I skied a bit.

Smarter tried again and though he was able to get out of the water he never sustained a long pull. I am confident though that the next time he goes he will do just fine and will enjoy skiing. TB though did manage to get out of the water and did have a couple of good pulls. She never ventured out into the open water outside the wake but she will the next time and I would bet really enjoy boating.

Both of them gave me some enjoyment in watching them fall over. I also have some fun stuff to hold against them here at work for humorous falls in the water. TB had some red arms from the life vest as well. I would call it a successful night for all parties. Especially since all of us had some soreness which translates to we all had some fun.

Good Job Smarter and TB!

1 Comments:

Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

I've been on ski's since I was in my teens and I still suck at it. I give you all great credit for getting out there and having fun, that's what counts.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home