Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Perfect Steal

Softball is taking all my time. I took last Thursday and Friday off to attend a tournament up in a mountain town. I love going there so it is more of a vacation then anything. Well Thursday’s pool play was horrible. We were playing in cold 38 degree weather with it raining on us standing in a muddy softball field. The girls were cold and the wet ball flew everywhere. We lost horribly. Friday though we won 3 of 4 games and I counted up we played with warms ups 9 hours of softball with time in between games that we watched softball. We went from 7am to 11pm that day with softball. In the end we made to Saturday and lost our game there. We took 7th of 20 teams.
I have to tell you about a play though on our Saturday game. I had one of our fastest girls on 1st base. I gave her the steal sign and as directed she took off on the steal. The catcher on the other team though had a great arm and they tagged my girl out at 2nd. Okay game on. I had another girl that made it on and was at first. I had her in a hold pattern getting her lead and returning to 1st. I told her to take 1 more step in her lead, she did and the catcher popped up and faked a throw to 1st base to keep my girl honest and she popped back on base. I then told her on the next one to take 1 more step and the catch will throw to 1st thinking to catch you but you take off to second. She took the lead, the catcher threw to 1st, the 1st baseman caught the ball and turned to tag my girl and then looked up stunned to see my girl was now at 2nd base and didn’t come back to her base. My play worked like a charm. What makes it even better is later in the game my same girl got to 1st again and I just whispered same play. She jumped out on the lead the catcher again threw to 1st and again my girl took off and got to 2nd. I love it when a play comes together like that.
While I was in that mountain town I did a couple of runs. I did 5.5 miles one morning and I did 4 miles in the middle of the day after eating a couple Brats for lunch. I felt guilty and went out after I ate and talk about a hard run. Try eating 2 brats and then running 4 miles at 8000 feet above sea level at 2 pm which was the same day we were at the ball park for 4 games as I wrote above. I was one TIRED puppy that night! We drove home Saturday late afternoon which is about 3.5 hours away to which I tried to rest.
The reason I rested was that night I was on a Relay for Life Team. It is a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. I had the midnight to 1 am shift to walk the track. I decided to run for my hour and I did 7.2 miles in my hour. I got home that night around 2am and again died in bed.
This brings me to one last point. As documented in previous posts and comments from Cubed, aka Smarter, aka Dumber I have still not had the privilege of my lunch from running the marathon. The whole reason I finished was for that lunch and I still have not gotten it. Please feel free to comment to him as a reminder of this. I might note though that this week is full for lunch times so next week like Monday would be a possible good fit?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cubed said...

I just sent him an invite for Monday.

10:34 AM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

What a cheapo scum bag....But then again he did leave me home when he went to Disney World.

Sea level.....whats that. Although the elevation here is 2600 feet and the mountain town i go to when i visit friends is about 8000

10:52 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

Hi Papa Bear
Taking 7th in 20 is not bad, not bad at all.
Thanks for taking your time to run Relay for Life, it's a great cause. I have some dear friends that ran it in Dallas about a month ago.
PS
SMARTER,,, It's lunch time, gotta keep Papa B full of porridge. Pony up already lol!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home