Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

She was right.

Ridiculous chick you’re a genius. I was thinking of going for a small run today and found this on Hal Higdon’s Post Marathon training. There is a whole 4 week schedule to come out of the marathon mode that you can find here http://www.halhigdon.com/postmarathon/zeroweek0.html
“After the Marathon: Generally, it takes a minimum of two to three weeks for the body to recover from the strain of running 26 miles 385 yards. Return too quickly and you increase your risk of injury. Some experts suggest resting one day for every mile you run in the marathon, thus 26 days of no hard running or racing! Others suggest one day for every kilometer, thus 42 days rest. Often the determining factor is not how quickly your body recovers, but how quickly your mind recovers, since you temporarily will have lost your main training goal. Olympic champion Frank Shorter says: "You’re not ready to run another marathon until you’ve forgotten the last one."”
So I am already beyond what I should be doing so I guess I will cut back a day and start going back in slowly. I think I have also decided that I might want to run another marathon at the End of September so that means I am only about 2 weeks out from beginning the whole training schedule again. I was going to program in my calendar the needed runs but I am going to wait till the end of May and then look at it again.
OHH and I am still waiting for my free lunch from Cubed. I am thinking Friday would be a good day???

1 Comments:

Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

I knew that you were going to do another marathon, the accomplishment and challenge is in your blood now.
What I can't believe is that you're going into another so soon! That's frigging incredible.
You're going to be needing that free lunch. GO BUGGY GO!
PS
Thanks for the link, that was sweet.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home