Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Is it really Cheating if your honest?

I received this email from our team’s race captain.

Well, gang, by now we're all aware that we "gained" some time in the Relay due to unexpected events and that we had to shuffle our roster around in both vans. The Race Director sent out a message asking the Captains to report if that happened, so I let him know (he invoked the "honor system" and I caved!). That means that we changed from the "Open" division to the "Helter Skelter" division. No, I am NOT making this up! The Helter-Skelter division is basically "anything goes" and includes teams that don't follow their order. We were definitely Helter-Skelter material!
The good news is that, unless another faster team does the same, we just WON the "Helter-Skelter" division!! Essentially, we moved from fourth in the Open to first in Helter-Skelter. We'll know for sure when they post the official results.
Life is strange....


When I shared this with my daughter she said “so dad you cheated and you won?” My reply was we didn’t really cheat. We never really expected to win we were just racing for our own times because we like running and competing. I think she bought that don’t you?

3 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

well thank god you confessed...now your concious will be clean. The fact that you won because they forced you to change divisions doesnt matter. You were happy with fourth place. THEY forced you to take first.

Tell us about these sex pools.

8:31 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

i left a couple comments on Smarters blog...feel free to check it out.

2:39 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

That sucks, my comments gone!
When do you find out if you won? Let us know.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home