Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thinking Buggy B = Not a Good Thing

I was driving my daughter to church for her confirmation class tonight and we were talking. She is in the middle of tryouts for her Jr. High Basketball team. A girl we have known for years has a broken arm and after 2 days of tryouts didn’t have to come anymore because she made the team. My daughter was a bit upset that this gal gets whatever she wants as my daughter put it. She was upset as I explain to her that this gal plays basketball all the time at recess etc. It is the practice that counts. I then bought up that she pitched every inning of every game in softball for her team AS a 7th grader on the Varsity Softball team. That was a huge accomplishment to be proud of.

I asked my daughter if there was something I could help with. Take her running; help her shooting, practice dribbling. She shook her head and said no dad you can’t help right now. As a dad I felt defeated at that moment. I wanted to help her but it is just one of those times I think she just needs to figure it out in her head. We rode in silence for a bit and the conversation changed to another topic I needed to talk to her about a bit, but I could tell she was still mulling over her own thoughts.

On the way home and then to my yard where I had stopped vacuuming the leaves up with the mower to take her to church I had some time to think. I thought about her having to work through her, what I see as minor issues, and hoping I could help. I then reflected on my day and the questions I had been posed through the day. Also of some postings that Cubed, (Dumber) sent to TB about Addroc.

I reflected and laughed with Dumber and TB about the issues we had at Addroc. How it was all true and we had it easy to write all that we did. At the time it was rough, and hard and just pain sucked to go to work at Addroc and no one could help us with our problems. We wrote to try and protect ourselves and to vent. And now Dumber and I look back share some horrible thoughts, cringe at times but for the most part laugh at it. We can even share it now with others a bit and they get to laugh with us.

I also had to ponder a bit some questions I was asked by a friend. Deep questions that you never really take the time to answer. I didn’t know the answers and I still don’t. You would think that by the time your in your 40’s, YES I am, that you would know most of the answers. I found out today I don’t know crap. I don’t know answers to questions I was posed, I don’t know the answers to why Addroc was what it was, and I don’t know the answers to help my daughter with her issue. So this makes me think it is an age thing. I am realizing I don’t know everything about anything like I thought when I was in my 20’s.

I know Gator, Bunny, Cubed, and all that take the time to read this are younger. Maybe you can give me some insight? Does anyone else have days like this.

PS – As I drove the damn mini van home I dropped my daughter off in I almost headed to a car lot. I think I need a TT, or MX8, or a new Camero, Corvette. I need something fast and sporty before I drop the transmission in my CHEVY truck. J

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a parent I totally understand the 'helplessness' you felt with your daughter. But she is a growing girl, and probably feels she needs to work this out on her own. And that my friend should make you a very proud Papa!
Now, about the 'age' issue, LOL...I already kicked your butt over that!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home