Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I hate pain.

Yesterday, Saturday, was PACKED. We had the State Marching Band competition and my sons school was in it. They competed against 25 bands in the state and were sitting in 4th place after semi-finals at noon. My niece’s band was also competing and made it for the first time into the Semi-finals. It was fun watching both of them competing.

I took my daughter and another niece home with me. My daughter had some homework to complete at friends. We got home a bit early so I took a run and put up 4.2 miles at a 7:54 pace. That is good for coming back with these knee problems. I was then able to take my daughter to her friends house. I went home and then worked on my yard and blew out my sprinkler system. This is when the day made a turn.

I got a call from my mom. She asked if I was headed over yet. That is when it hit me I was suppose to be at my parents for my dads birthday dinner. CRAPPPP !!!!!! So I called my wife and she went after a gift while I picked and dropped kids off. We hurried out for birthday dinner. I had just finished dinner and started fighting with my niece and her phone. She won, yes I am a wuss.

That is when I right shoulder and right arm went into pain. It went numbish. I was curled up in a chair trying to get myself in a comfortable position that just never seemed to happen. At one point I was watching the underside of my elbow pulse with my heart beat. It is really weird to be breathing hard and hurting like that and to honest I was a bit scared for a bit. No one knew that of course as my wife thought I was just sitting over there texting and no one really noticed me curled in the chair at one point almost in tears from the pain in my right shoulder. By the time anyone took notice the pain was relieving and with a couple ibuprofens’s I seemed to get better.

We left and went back to the State Finals for Band and my wife did keep checking on me a bit then. My daughter thought I looked a bit purple but it was just the sunburn of the day. The finals finished and the bands didn’t change the order any. So my son took 4th, and niece took 8th out of 25 bands for state.

We went home and I was working on the computer the rest of the evening. I kept getting a pain in my right side chest and rubbing it. Went to bed hoping it would stop but it seemed to hang with me all night and is still bothering me off and on a bit even now. I am going to go and play basketball tonight and see how it feels after. I think it is just a muscle in my shoulder but I know they say that is a sign of heart problems which I have in my family so I have to watch for.

2 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

Wow...how did the basketball go? Still pain?

10:27 PM  
Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

Buggy
That heart stuff is nothing to play around with, especially if you have it in your family. It's great that your active, but you can be to active if you're not careful with those things. Never sit in a corner and tell no one.
Now you have me concerned- between you and Mrs Cubed I think I should go to med school, of at least pretend to, so that you guys listen to me lol.
I'll post more tomorrow, but in the mean time- time for a tread mill test. You have kids to think about not to mention blogger buds!

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home