Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Monday, July 03, 2006

A New Car


Friday right after work I had a car delivered to my home. It is a 1986 Buick Skyhawk, Oxidized red, with a 1.8 liter turbo that won’t run, not been licensed for the road since 2002. The guy hauled it to my house gave me the title and keys and said it is all yours for FREE. So we pushed it into the back yard.

My van had been making noises for a couple of days so I decided Saturday morning to take the front wheels off and take a look as I thought it might be brakes. It was and one of the pads was totally gone. I called the local parts store and went down and picked up the brakes. I got home and they were not the right ones. I went back and they didn’t have the right ones, but a store on the other side of town did. So I headed across town.

I was sitting at a stop light about 6 cars back and suddenly I hear a large crash and see parts flying in front of me. An accident happened in front of me and took out the whole front line of cars at the light, 5 cars all smashed taking up the whole intersection. I was in my dune buggy and was able to squeeze through with a couple of motorcycles leaving everyone there to take care of the mess. I had gotten out and everyone was okay scared and upset but okay so I didn’t feel bad leaving and I could not add anything the people in front of me weren’t going to add to the reports.

I finally got the parts and was able to get my van back together and then went to work on the new Skyhawk in my back yard. My son was even having fun working on the car with me and wants to do more to it. We played with it some and by that afternoon we had it sort of running. It is still starving for fuel and I have to keep helping it along to run as in fuel pressure is not right or the injectors are bad is where I am now. I think by the end of the week I will have it running provided I can get any parts I need in town.

Spent the rest of the weekend doing birthday parties for family members also did some running with the group on Saturday, along with a long run on Sunday. I did Fartleks for this mornings run. Spent some time trying to find a sponsor for a major long run I will be doing in August. It is a 195 overnight long relay race. So the planning for that race is beginning to start also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home