Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Monday, June 26, 2006

4 Championship Games in June

Another totally kids sports filled weekend. We started out Saturday morning with my daughter at Swim Team. She competed in her events as normal except for the final free relay as we wanted to take her home for some rest before the rest of the day of softball games.

Our first game was at 1:30 at our own City Park ball fields. They are great fields to play on with actual dugouts that make for fun games with the kids. The best part of this game was there was a team from a near by state that played us the first game. We got to play someone we had never seen before. We beat them and then had a few hours off. We played again at 6 and 7:30pm for two more games that night. In the 6pm game we had acquired enough runs that the other team could not win with the 10U rules and the other coach decided to let my daughter take a shot at pitcher. She got in and threw 3 pitches fielded the ball herself and threw the last out of the inning at 1st base. What fun these girls are all having.

Sunday we went into single elimination bracket play. We again had our first game against the Blue Jays. This was fine and they tried to mess with our batting with different pitchers but we hit everything they gave us and won the game sending them home early. We had an hour off and then our next game we came back all sleepy. At the end of regulation play we were tied and went into overtime inning. Again we tied and went into a second overtime inning. We finally won the game but it took its toll as it was now over a 2 hour game in the heat.

We headed into the championship game for the 4th weekend in a row against another team that was in their 1st championship game. The mental stress of the Blue Jays and the double overtime game took its toll and we lost taking 2nd place in this week tournament. It was actually fun watching this other team get a win like this as you could see their excitement and they even wanted a picture of both teams intermixed at the end of the game. THAT IS GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP!

Sunday was also a first for me in my running. I went out that morning for my run and while making some turns on the paths in our town I ended up on the longest run I have ever completed. I did 13.1 miles or a half marathon distance. I even did it in 30 seconds under 2 hours which is a goal I have. Now I feel I can register for a ½ marathon and do it in under 2 hours. After that run and the full day on the ball fields in the sun I was wiped last night and was out cold all night. I did force myself out of bed and put in 5 miles this morning to boot.

Needless to say I am moving kind of sluggish today at work on a bunch of laptops I have to get set up for training in a couple days. I will get them ready though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home