Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

We Win Softball Tournament

Saturday we spent all morning at the softball fields with my daughter. They came out to play in the first game. It was great 10 runned the team. The second game was not so good as we made some errors and could not hit the ball. The third game we didn’t’ care if we won or lost it was a game for us to practice some moves and try some different things. Well it worked and we beat the team fairly easily. By the end of the day we ended up the 1st seed going into the bracket play on Sunday.

Sunday because we were the 1st team we didn’t have a game till 11am. With that information I took the morning to get in a good run and did 9 miles. Was a fairly slow 9 miles but in them I basically attended an old car, car show. There were old coupes, and 55’s and 56’s and trucks, you name it parked at all the hotels along the route I decided to run. Was really cool as I ran from hotel to hotel and then browsed the car shows. Even some people were out polishing their cars so I could visit with them and learn. Was a beautiful blue sky morning and I enjoyed the time.

We started our first game in the second runner to get to first base I tried a tricky move and sent her to second. Well needless to say she was tagged out and right off the bat we were on 2 outs and the game barley began. Well, I learned and we adapted and put in a new thing for the girls to watch so we could be sneaker yet. We ended up winning the first game and moved straight into the next game. There we were a little tired and hot and it was a close game. But with lots of water we ended up winning that game also.

Woohoo we moved into the championship game right after that game finished. Yes, you are catching on. We played 3 back to back games in 95 degree sunny heat on a dirt ball field. The girls had to be getting hot as I know I was. The championship game was against the team that had beat us on Saturday and they were out get us again. It has kind of become a small rivalry with this team.

I have to brag here a little about my daughter. She played very solid today at 2nd base. She was at the right bag every play no matter if it was hit right, left or bunted. She also scooped up some great hits and put the runners out at 1st with ease. She also was a hitter today and might be coming out of her slump. She had some great hits that brought in runners for RBI’s.

So back to the championship game. We won it 4 to 0. This team was not happy but this time we came out on top. We will face them in again next weekend in the next tournament. Our tournament next weekend is a road trip. We will travel about 4 hours west of where we live to a small town. It is a great weekend trip and I am looking forward to it.

Now for the rest of my Sunday I am going to shower and then pack for my road trip with the boss tomorrow for an overnight work trip. I am taking my laptop so I will probably post tomorrow evening while hanging at the hotel.

2 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

WTG! LIL MISS SMART! glad to hear y'all were kicking some A and taking some names!

SMartass

12:20 AM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

well its late tomorrow night and im still waiting for that post....

Smartass

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home