Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend in the mountains for Softball

Friday we left for our out of town softball tournament. It was in a mountain town that is a 4 hour drive away. The whole team made it and we had a team dinner that night taking over the whole patio of a restaurant. After dinner we all went to the hotel and let the girls all swim and have some fun till around 10pm. We think this was a problem on Saturday.

Saturday we had our first games early at 9:30am, we needed warm up time and the games were held in another town 45 minutes away. So we had to get up early. We played those games horribly and the girls didn’t move at all. We think that swimming the night before was too much for them to recoup. We shook it off went back to the hotel and rested before out next 2 bracket game we had that night starting at 5pm. When we went to those games we had recovered and won them both keeping us in the winner’s bracket going into Sunday and a late starting game at 11am for Sunday.

That night the girls played, some went to the pool again others just ran from room to room. Us parents congregated in one room and went enjoyed some beer and a fierce game of scrabble till midnight. Slurred words were not accepted but were tried to be played often.

Sunday morning I took a HIGH altitude run. This town is a mountain town and the air is thinner. I did 8 miles though with hills and felt pretty good. I found some beautiful little running trails and enjoyed the run along the river. I am glad I felt good on this run as I will be running into this town in August in a race.

We started our first softball game for Sunday at 11 and it was against a team that is very tough for us to beat. We have beaten them in previous tournaments in the championship game and it seems we go back and forth some. This tournament we lost to them the 1st game and that dropped us in the loser’s bracket. We then played a game against a team and beat them to put us back into the championship game against the team that had beaten us earlier. We would have to now beat them 2 more times to win the tournament as it was a double elimination tournament. We lost again by 2 runs and thus it ended with us in 2nd place this time. We will see them this coming weekend again I am sure and we need to come out strong on them this time.

It was then the long travel back home getting us in around 9:30pm. Unpack, and get ready for work the next day was all we had on our minds. I did get up early though and put in 6 miles this morning and now I am fatigued and my leg is wanting to cramp some. I better drink a lot of water today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home