Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I am on the go.

Monday morning I came to work all packed and ready for my business trip. The owner showed up about an hour later to pack up the servers, other hardware and we left for our business trip. I think this ended up being a great trip as I was able to learn more about what my new company really does at the customer’s site. We installed the hardware and got all the client pc’s connected and working with our software and the whole time I was having fun.

The other part of the trip was I spent 10 hours of time just visiting with the owner. It is amazing how much you learn about a person when you the only two in a car for that long. We also discussed my being at the new company and pay. I talked him into a pay review at 6 months then at 1 year and then going yearly after that on the normal company reviews. He had thought it was only a pay review at 6 months and then yearly. So in short while talking he agreed to 2 reviews in this year to help bump my salary up sooner. To be able to talk to the owners and work that out like that is a great feeling and so different from Addroc.

I sometimes play with Geocaching as a part time game. While on this business trip I looked up the locations of a couple of caches in the town I was in. That night after working I took off from the hotel on my run and used the cache site as my destination. I got there at almost dusk and ended up muddling around in this swamp trying to find this cache. Just as I was giving up and heading back out I spotted it. Inside was a travel bug which I had hoped was there so I could bring it back with me. I have logged him as having on the website and will deposit him in a cache locally in the next week or so. This is my first Travel bug and it was exciting to finally get my hands on one.

I ended up running 9 miles on Sunday morning. I ran 4 miles on Monday morning. I ran 3.5 miles on Monday night getting that travel bug. So I was up to over 16 miles in 2 days. Since we got back from our business trip early I went swimming with the kids for over an hour. Tuesday night is my group run and I took off as normal with my running partner. We ended up going 9 miles which is normal for a Tuesday night run. The problem with last nights run though is it was over 90 degrees and sunny out when we were out running. We walked some and it was a slow run. I got home and with the extra miles I already had, the pool, and the heat I was so tired I could literally hardly move. I collapsed on the couch and slept a little only to wake stiff and sore. I crawled to bed and died for the night.

I still feel a little off this morning. I think I over did it the last couple of days. Today I think I will take as a recover day and maybe only do a small 2 mile run with my son if he wants. I need to start getting ready to go out of town again for a softball tournament on Friday afternoon. Since we live near mountains and this town is a mountain town I will get in a run up at an even higher altitude. This is also the same town I will run in a relay to in a couple months so will be a good feeling to know the running feel of high altitudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home