Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Running Shoes / Bike to Work

I got my new running shoes in the mail yesterday. My current running shoes have 395 miles on them and the rubber is almost gone now on the toe. I am going to see how far I can push them but I am expecting they will make the end of this week is about all. The expected life of running shoes is 300-500 miles and though some people have to just trust this and replace their shoes as they don’t show the wear. For me the wear is so evident that I can see it and know they are worn out.

Last night I went out with my running club again for my run. We did 8.5 miles in 90 degree sunshine. I was again beat when I got home. Running in the heat is not a good thing for me as I sweat so much I look like a mop. I have to keep to morning running when it is cooler during the summer.

We accepted a person for my rental last night. This takes this worry off our plate and we should sign the lease with her tonight. At a time when most rentals grab anyone and offer special offers of a month free or lawn services etc to get a renter I have been very fortunate. Again my house rented and I have one renter moving out 1 day and the new ones moving in the next with no down time. My other rental is up at the end of next month I will see in a week if I have to start looking for another renter for that house. I hope he stays another year.

Today was bike to work day. I took advantage of it for the first time. I biked through 2 locations and had a bagel and coffee and chatted with other people out biking. One of the stops I hit happened to be a bicycle shop sponsored and I got my bikes gears adjusted. For the first time in 2 years I can change into all gears. It even rode better afterwards. I still have to get some cleaner and do a little cleaning on the shifting mechanism to finish it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home