Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

High School Begins.

A quick update. My son and a niece have entered high school. The same high school as a matter of fact and they have 2 classes together. Tomorrow night will be our first high school football game to attend with my own kids in the school. I remember the days, and they seem like just a few years ago, when it was me in high school attending the games. We will even be at the same field so I know the memories will come flooding back to when I and my wife were there.

My son is playing in the marching band just like his mom did. So I am sure there will be tears of joy in her as she watches her son doing what she did 20 years ago. He even plays the same saxophone, exact one, that she did. So as we watch him starting to make his move into young adulthood in high school it could be an emotional night.

Switch now to my niece. As I said same school, well she will be there also as she is on the Cheerleaders squad. So while my son is out playing the sax my niece will be jumping up and down getting the crowd involved and cheering for the school. So this means that it will be a family reunion tomorrow night with my sisters family, my parents, and my family all there supporting these two young adults begin their high school careers.

I think I am getting old and I don’t like it. So I am fighting it with my running. I mad a couple huge jumps this last few weeks. I ran a 13.1, half marathon distance, 2 weeks ago in a personal best time. I followed that with last Saturday running 16 miles. That is now my longest distance ever run. I did it in around 2 hours and 20 minutes. I took Sunday off and then did my normal speed work on Monday morning. I did that in the fastest time ever also covering 4.2 miles in just over 31 minutes.

Last night I paid and registered for a 5k run that was like my first run last year with this running group. I have a picture of me 50 pounds heavier from that run and I did it in 29:55 last year. I am going to try for a new personal 5k time of under 23 minutes. Not sure I will pull it off but I will have to let you all know in a week or so if I did. I been fighting a sore foot for a couple of weeks so hopefully that won’t bother me too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger The_Gator said...

well tell us about the half time show?

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home