Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Steamboat Springs

We are in Steamboat Springs for a softball tournament for my daughter. We drove in on Thursday evening with beautiful weather and the Yampa valley is tremendous for scenery. I love this place in the summer.



We began softball play on Friday morning with 2 back to back games. This picture is one I took via a cell phone from the bleachers of my daughter. She batted a 1000 in that game and it was awesome to watch her. In this picture you can see the ball at the top flying out and she got a double on that hit. I am a happy dad. We have a lot of turmoil on this team with parents and the coaches so it is kind of rough sometimes with all the politics involved but truly watching your daughter play like that is one of the best things a dad can view.

On Saturday we had to drive to Craig Colorado for games. This posed a bit of a problem for us as our son also was re taking the ACT tests at a local high school here in Steamboat. So we gave him the car to go take the test and we looked for rides to Craig. We ended up with my daughter riding with one family, my wife riding with another family and I was to ride with yet another family. Since we are out of town everyone only had 1 spot in their cars to get us all to Craig.

Well this worked out great and due to construction on the road here where we are staying I arranged to walk out to a main street to be picked up by my ride on their way by. I watched as my daughter and wife both left in their cars with the rides they caught and my ride was not quite ready yet and so I sat on the side of the road with a bag I packed (I was going to run 4 miles in Craig with another person) and the cooler for the games we were headed to watch. As I was sitting there on the cooler some jeep with Nevada plates stopped backed up to me, rolled down his window and said “Hey, dud you need a ride somewhere?” I replied with “Yea, but my ride is coming along here in a bit, but thanks for the offer it was appreciated.” He said “no problem, take care” and pulled away. My ride showed up right after.
My wife soon after texted me and here is pretty close what transpired.
Wife: Did you get a ride yet?

Me: Yes, they were running a bit late. Some guy in a jeep though stopped and asked if I needed a ride.
Wife: Gees, well you waited and are with the family right?
Me: No, I called them and they were going to be late so I took a ride with Dan (Name made up by the family I am riding with), strange smell in this Jeep also?
Wife: You are kidding right?
Me: No, Dan is pretty cool guy. We should be there soon.

At this point the texting stopped and she called me. While on the phone I hear the people in her car laughing. She said if you’re not joking I am going to kill you to which a guy in the car with her is laughing and says you won’t if Dan kills him first. It became a big joke the whole day of hey where is Dan? You riding with Dan back home? On the other side of that coin my wife was not happy and pretty upset with me. I can’t understand why as families I have only known 6 months through this softball team knew immediately I was joking but she took it serious. So guess my little joke was not funny to her but hey the rest of us had fun.

8 Comments:

Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I bet Dan thought you looked pretty in your cheerleading outfit. ;)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you do any cheering at the softball games in your pretty little outfit? You may have been able to work on your tan.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go daughter go!!!

Bunny

11:42 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I was so focused on Dan and thinking about you in your pretty outfit I forgot to say congrats to your daughter for a stellar performance! :)

5:16 AM  
Blogger Cubed said...

The reason the people who have only known you for 6 months is they don't know you well enough yet. If I would have gotten that text I would have thought yeah Buggy he's just about crazy enough to that. The only difference I wouldn't call.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it appears buggy knows what buttons to push with his wife. hope the girls did well. Jane.

4:44 PM  
Blogger The_Gator said...

Dan...the Del Taco guy?

10:43 PM  
Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I love Del Taco, but I don't know Dan ;)

Dan might have been a serial killer that likes men in cheerleading uniforms was my thoughts.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home